As low as:
$1,295.00 / person(at 4:1 ratio)
Get in touch and we will schedule a trip for you!
Start a new trip
Start a new trip
A stunning five-day traverse of the dramatic eastern edge of the mountains of Strathcona Park. Once we leave the forest in Paradise Meadows to head into the alpine, we barely touch tree-line again for the entire trip. To the west lie the mountains of Strathcona Park, and to the east, the ocean and the Coast Mountains. This is an arduous and very rewarding trip for those with a sense of adventure. Best completed July through September.
Note: This trip is priced as a five day trip. Please get in touch to discuss the length of trip suitable for your group.
Included in the price:
- 5 days with an ACMG guide
- Group technical gear
Not included in the price:
- Personal gear (avi kit and some other items available for rent)
Questions? Check out our FAQ page for details about our booking and cancellation policy, and other commonly asked questions.
Please get in touch to discuss the logistics of this trip. Itinerary, route objectives and the number of days will vary depending on the group desires and abilities as well as time of year.
We will discuss logistics upon booking and note specifics in the booking tab. Exact meeting details will be provided in a pre-trip email sent one-week prior to your trip.
Questions? Check out our FAQ page for details, or send us an email.
This traverse is a demanding route. To join this trip, we require that you:
- Have a very high level of fitness (able to cover 5-15 km a day and 1500m elevation, or move for 8 hrs a day (with a heavy pack)
- Ability to move at a moderate pace over rough terrain (including sections of snow, bush, scree and steep)
- Have a basic understanding of your gear, and any limitations
- Are prepared to spend five days outside in variable conditions (please see gear list)
Regular hikes uphill with a load of around 15-20 kgs in a pack is a great way to help prepare for this trip.
Questions? Check out our FAQ page, or send us an email. If you do not feel you meet these requirements, feel free to reach out – we are happy to set up private trips whenever possible.
Temperatures on this trip could range from -5°C at night to around 25°C (+) during the day. Ensure all clothing and equipment are in good repair, and fitted properly to you. The list below should work for these conditions.
- Long underwear (top and bottom), poly-pro, wool or silk
- Mid-weight jacket, wool, fleece, synthetic or down
- Rain gear (jacket and pants)
- Toque, wool or fleece
- T-shirt or long-sleeved shirt (white or other light colour), synthetic
- Lightweight hiking pants, nylon or similar
- Hiking boots (suitable for carrying a 30 lb. load over rough terrain)
- 2 x pairs of socks, wool or synthetic blend
- 2 x pairs of liner socks, poly-pro or silk (optional)
- Gaiters that fit your boots (optional)
- Lightweight camp shoes (optional)
- Sleeping bag (warm to -5°C)
- Therm-a-rest or other sleeping pad (available for rent)
- 3-season tent (available for rent)
- Small cooking pot (available for rent)
- Fuel canister (available for rent)
- Stove (available for rent)
- 4 breakfasts, 5 lunches (ready to eat), 4 dinners, various snacks. For tasty, nutritous and locally pre-made dinners check out https://wildedgeketo.com/
- Eating vessel and utensils
- Sun hat
- Sunglasses with 100% UV block
- Sunscreen, SPF lip balm
- Toothbrush and a small container of toothpaste
- 2 x 1 litre water bottles (or a 2L bladder)
- Water purification system
- Pocket knife
- Head-lamp with spare batteries
- Small first aid kit (optional)
- Hiking poles (optional but recommended)
- Camera (optional)
- Hand sanitizer
- 50L+ backpack with waist belt
Your guide will bring any group gear, including communication and emergency equipment. You are only required to bring the items on this list.
The following items are available for rent as an “Add On” when you book (or upon request). These are available on a first come, first serve basis:
- Camp Kit (includes tent and sleeping mat) - $30.00
- Cook Kit (includes pot, stove and fuel) - $35.00
If you require other items from the personal gear list, you can check out Sports Rent based out of Victoria.
Questions? Send us an email or read our blog for advice on choosing appropriate gear.
There are currently no testimonials for this trip yet.